Defence families seeking support and connections with the community can access further information through the Defence Family Helpline.
Contact the Defence Family Helpline on on 1800 624 608 or DefenceFamilyHelpline@defence.gov.au.
The service is available 24/7 and is staffed by qualified professionals including social workers and psychologists.
The Defence Family Helpline can assist you with:
- Relocation issues
- Support during deployment, posting and relocation
- Help during crisis and emergency
- Support for partners’ employment and education
- Assistance when transitioning into civilian life
- Support for community groups and organisations
- Connection to resources within the local community
Find out more information at http://www.defence.gov.au/DCO/Defence-Helpline.asp
There is an option for Defence families to salary package childcare through your employer. This means you can pay for your childcare fees before you are taxed. There may be financial consequences for this ‘salary sacrifice’ as it is likely to be classed as a fringe benefit.
- If you choose this option, you will no longer be eligible to receive the Child Care Subsidy or Additional Child Care Subsidy. It would be advisable to seek advice to check whether salary packaging is financially beneficial to you.
Find out more information visit https://www.smartsalary.com.au/